Saturday, 6 August 2011

Water 10



Here's my latest Water card from Cathy which has this You tube link -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7PazR2yRfY

I love the way the card looks 3D through the bubbles and the background is a small tartan pattern in keeping with the Scottish origins.  For Cathy it has it's origins in her childhood and her Granny telling them to keep away from the waters of the loch lest 'the Kelpie get you'.

Thank you Cathy, it's super - and another completely different take on my theme.

8 comments:

bad penny said...

How lovely. I love the idea of the Kelpie and of course the Loch Ness Monster whom I have spent hours searching for.
Lovely card & I will check out the link.

Chrissie said...

Scary granny! but love the execution of this ethereal card - nice one!

Menopausalmusing said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Menopausalmusing said...

Ha! Ha! Chrissie! Actually, we were supposed to have walked across the road from the loch to see the Osprey and their chicks high up in a pine tree, but we were too young to appreciate them, so dad would have gone by himself and left us with granny. We would have spent a while slapping each other hard and shouting "midgie"! (in the way that siblings do), gotten bored and then my brothers would have played at skimming stones on the loch's water. Granny lived in the Abernethy forest, miles from anywhere and without running water or electricity. Magical times.....

Printed Material said...

What interesting tales. I always thought Cathy had something of the other world about her. You must have a pretty diverse bunch of cards by now Jane. I'd be interested to see them all together at the end of this!

Jane Housham said...

I love the watery horse -- beautifully done.

Gina said...

Another wonderfully original card from Cathy. I look forward to the links each time... and it's my turn to get her last card!

Joanna said...

Great 3D effect, and the legend is a great choice for this theme. Beautifully done.