Saturday, 6 August 2011

TEA NO. 10

Jane's card was sent very early due to her having
been away..........

It contained a note, written on the back of this wonderful photo of a chimpanzee's tea party and these wonderful "biscuits"...........
They are made from photographs mounted onto card......



I have taken another photo of them against a pretty cup
(I do love a pretty cup!) just so that you can see how 3D they are.......... the bourbon and the custard cream actually have "cream" made from felt!


Then, inside an evelope made from a design covered in teacosies..........


was the most exquisite postcard illustrated by Jane.
The illustration was executed using coloured pencils and is of three lustreware cups in her possession:



Lucky Jane to have these cups......... sigh........
and lucky me to have such a beautiful card.  Thank you Jane.

Cathy
x

7 comments:

bad penny said...

Oh I can remember the PG Tips' Chimps ! Those biscuites look good enough to eat & look great popped on the cup & saucer. The card is lovely - beautifully drawn.

Jill said...

I have vague memories of the Chimps tea party at London Zoo, but with nothing as elegant as these beautful cups. The biscuits are a wonderful touch - don't get caried away and give them a dunk!

Jee said...

What a lovely card- the biscuits are great too. Like you, Cathy, I wish I had those cups.

Printed Material said...

What treasures Cathy! How wonderful to have a card that Jane has hand drawn... but those biscuits are the best. Low calorie biscuits - my Holy Grail!

Gina said...

I think I have tea cup envy... and the biscuits are just brilliant!

Joanna said...

Beautifully drawn teacups, and I'm lovin' those biscuits. Very clever and such fun (I like how you displayed them with a real cup of tea!).

Chrissie said...

Totally brill!! and my turn next .... gulp...