Saturday, 6 August 2011

Taking Flight 10

Gina's parcel arrived yesterday and I was immediately intrigued . It was definitely larger than any postcard I possessed. Well, I waited until this morning and what a cornucopia of delight met me when I peered inside. Firstly, my postcard was not a card, it was a book... but it was the regulation 6x4 so that was well within our guidelines. It was also wrapped in an envelope Gina had fashioned from the book cover illustration I blogged about a couple of weeks ago. Inside one of her own collagraph printed cards Gina explained her rationale for my 'card'. I don't need to pass on the explanation as the pictures speak for themselves I hope.


 A beautifully machine embroidered butterfly and title on the front page lead to a marvellously paper engineered accordion book complete with flying butterflies flapping through the pages.


I was overwhelmed and a touch speechless. For those who know me that will be a surprise but there is more....
Gina has also made me something I adore just as a  thank you for odd bits and pieces I've winged her way over the months we've been following each other's blogs. If you want to see what it... or they... were, pop over to Gina's blog and have a look. I think you'll agree that all my Christmases came early today. Thank you Gina.

7 comments:

Jill said...

I should think you are dancing over the moon... I'm speechless too... what a talented lady Gina is.

Menopausalmusing said...

You?........ speechless? ;O))))))))))))))))))))))) What a beautiful card Lesley, very, very covetable!

Loving your new dancing shoes!

Jee said...

Gosh, how do I follow that I ask!

Jane Housham said...

Wow, marvellous. All so beautiful, from the envelope on.

Joanna said...

STUNNING! What more can I say??!

bad penny said...

Totally stunning !

Chrissie said...

Another real winner and a lovely addition to your collection.