Sunday, 24 July 2011

Taking Flight 9

So, picture the scene.... I'm off out for the day but the postcard has arrived from Cathy the day before. I've already been very disciplined and waited until the right time to open it. We've had breakfast and are ready to go. I've saved the moment and open the package..........

 The package is full of snowflake shaped sequins which go everywhere..... all over my carpet,,,, under my sideboard...... inside my shoes......OK, I exaggerate but you get the picture. Knowing it was from Cathy has already elevated my level of expectation and she has not disappointed.
My 'postcard' has a seasonal theme - a Christmas seasonal theme - and is a cleverly stitched piece of white foam encrusted with individually hand sewn seed beads for snow. How long did that take you wonder! There's Rudolph at the top, taking flight. Cathy included a couple of skilfully made carrots for his journey, each of them hiding one of her trademark links to a video allied to the theme.
 On the reverse side there is a map which Cathy found. By sheer coincidence it was a map of where I live. It might not be easy to see but she has stitched 'snow' beads over where we live. Just wonderful.
This was enough excitement for one morning so we went off for the day as planned to Hay on Wye and I logged on to Cathy's links last night when I got home. The first one is a link to a great paper engineer called Rob Ives and the second one is..... well, just so funny it will crack you up. It continues with the Christmas theme and watching it whilst it was 20 degrees in the shade was quite surreal. Enjoy it - you really will, I promise!

Rob Ives is on  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kbl5HwhuG9w
  .....and......http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ooc5eJc5SHA for the best belly laugh you'll have today

8 comments:

lemonade kitty said...

The postcards just get better and better, what patience to stitch all those beads in place, well worth it though, Lucey x

marigold jam said...

Cathy certainly has some briliant ideas doesn't she?! Love the reindeer and the snowflakes (hope you were able to pick them all up?) and it has you favourite map incorporated in sch a clever way too. Brilliant!

bad penny said...

Inspiired ! What a wonderful card & the video links are fab and yes the second made me smile !

Jill said...

This one definitely takes the carrot! You'll still be finding those snowflakes at Christmas, but what a great reminder!

Jee said...

Only Cathy could bring us Christmas in July!

Gina said...

Another brilliant card!

Chrissie said...

Love the card and the links! Good one Cathy!

Joanna said...

Wow, all those beads! Interesting and clever take on this theme (love the carrots!).