Saturday, 9 July 2011

Taking Flight 8

My lovely postie told me there was nothing for me today. He must have seen Dan Dare all over this envelope and thought it was for my husband, an acknowledged collector and fan of all things Dan Dare and the Eagle comic. Well, he was well wrong because clever Chrissie had found some vintage images of the Pilot of the Future to whet my appetite for my package!

Inside the envelope was this tag and my card teasingly wrapped in tissue paper. Fearless Dan took the words right out of my mouth 'Good Grief' What was it?'

Well, this is what it was - a beautiful piece of shibori indigo dyed fabric delicately stitched with the lightest of seeds 'taking flight' . It is perfect. I am a sucker for anything dyed with indigo and this is a true delight. Thanks Chrissie!

9 comments:

Chrissie said...

Sorry to tease you with the DD theme!

marigold jam said...

Love the contrast between the fun Dan Dare wrapping and the beautiful embroidered dandelion. Inspired.

Jill said...

Ooooh and aaah are the only responses I can manage - what fabulousness!

Jee said...

Wonderful!

Menopausalmusing said...

Oh my..........

Isn't that just a lovely dandeion head? And the packaging.... such fun.

Menopausalmusing said...

"Dandelion"! Sorry - got a bit over excited.....

Joanna said...

Absolutely wonderful postcard, very beautiful. Love the fun Dan Dare packaging too!

Gina said...

What fun... and what a brilliant card.

Jane Housham said...

Excellent -- beautiful embroidery and fantastic packaging.