Saturday, 9 July 2011

New York! New York!

 Here's the truly stunning card I was thrilled to receive today from Joanna.
I opened the fabulous envelope, devised from an old map of North America, and my eyes opened wide at the blue and bling-y Liberty staring back out at me.
Joanna's message explained that she had been inspired when painting her by the notion of the goddess Kali enticing people into Ellis Island with the promise of prosperity.   Having visited Ellis Island I found this a fascinating and thought-provoking postcard.   Thank you Joanna!

6 comments:

marigold jam said...

How clever and to use the map as a canvas is inspired.

Jill said...

What a great interpretation. I'd better get to work!

Menopausalmusing said...

Love it, love it, LOVE IT!

Joanna said...

This is very clever - I love the colourful doodling. I've always thought that the Statue of Liberty could do with some more bling!

Gina said...

I love this colourful interpretation.

Jane Housham said...

The Statue of Liberty as Kali -- fantastic. Lovely effects.