Saturday, 9 July 2011

Concealment and RevelationVIII

My postcard from Penny arrived yesterday and although I opened the envelope I waited until today before I opened the wrapping... this lovely reproduction of a film poster of the 1944 film "Gaslight"

 Penny admited that she struggled with my theme (sorry!!!)  but she settled on the idea of hidden identity inspired by the film "Gaslight" starring Ingrid Bergman and Charles Boyer. Boyer marries Bergman under false pretences with the intention of finding her Aunt's jewels.


The whole thing was wrapped so beautifully that it was difficult to make myself open it. Look at this gorgeous reproduction poster...


And inside was this stunning postcard of  a couple of newly weds... but all is not quite what it seems!


Thank you Penny, I love this card... so much that I even forgive you for all the rice that went everywhere when I opened it!!!

7 comments:

Joanna said...

Brilliant postcard from Penny. Gregory definitely has a shifty look, poor Paula really should have noticed something wasn't quite right!

Love the way it's tied up with the wedding flowers.

Ha ha ha to the rice!

Jill said...

I love the layers of mystery in this, and as Joanna says the little posy adds a real feels of authenticity - fabulous stuff.

Chrissie said...

Clever interpretation and beautifully executed - I love all the little extra touches.

bad penny said...

Sorry about the rice - it was a last minute addition ! I like to think that after the honeymoon 'gregory' shaves off that awful beard & reveals the villian he really is ( he murdered Paula's aunt - a famous opera singer & is after her diamonds ) must watch 'Gaslight' again ! Glad you liked the card !

Jane Housham said...

Absolutely brilliant.

marigold jam said...

How clever! Love it.

Menopausalmusing said...

Another lovely interepretation of one of the more challenging titles! Love it!