Saturday, 9 July 2011

collecting/collections

Warning....  I am going to really show off about my wonderful piece I received. 
My "postcard " came from Lesley and her piece has completely blown me away, even pronounced cool by my 11 year old.



As you can see, my postcard comes in the from of a book.
It is the regulation 6x4 inches, just a little deeper.

One of those beautifully embossed books which has the perfect title for me.
 hmm, you are wondering, lovely but what has it to do with collecting?


so I open the book to find it is a book/box



 inside the lid is a fab illustration of a sewing box.
 and a wonderful compartment with an illustration of a needle and text about needles. the little cotton reels are glued in.

and inside the compartment is a red needle case
and inside the needle case is a collection of needles and needle case papers.

It is more than perfect, has been hugely admired by all who have seen it and launched me straight into having a go at making my own box.

I have really enjoyed taking part in the swap. I have been forced to think carefully on each subject for each card. It has also made me a near nervous wreck.
 Each time I post I have a little wobble, the biggest being this time on a card for Chrissie which saw me sealing up the envelope and changing my mind at the postbox and returning home to try to improve it! This swap has given me confidence to try new things for other people but each time a new card arrives my confidence in the card I have just sent crashes down. I try my best to ignore all those little voices but you are all sending me such great things. 
I insist that the next person to send me something just rattles it out in 10 minutes. 
I am, as ever, in awe of the things that people can make.

8 comments:

Menopausalmusing said...

Is it alright if a 57 yr old says: "COOL!"?
Isn't that just a wonderful thing to have received????
By the way, we all have those little voices...........

Jee said...

What a terrific 'card'. The standard just keeps going up and up. Fantastic, Lesley.

Joanna said...

This is wonderful,a lot of work and thought has gone into this.

I too have those blasted little voices. They are pesky little blighters, but I suppose at least they push me to do better each time.

Yours is the last one on my PK list - will the 10 minute rule still stand (please?!)?

Jill said...

Lesley is a star - what a beautiful piece. I certainlly have nagging voices about my cards and nearly always have a better idea once it is in the post!

Chrissie said...

Isn't this just fantastic - what a clever way to use the book.
I'm sure we all have those moments of doubt, but it always seems they are unwarranted - certainly I was very moved by the New York card you sent me and delighted to have it in my collection.

Gina said...

Oh wow!!! Nothing else to add really.

Jane Housham said...

Oh my goodness, this one has blown me away. Wonderful.
I definitely have the wobbles too. I did one round of cards then promptly started on another...

marigold jam said...

Not just a postcard but a real work of art. I am so glad I am not the only one who is often feeling that I am out of my depth here especially when I see something like this "card".