Saturday, 9 July 2011

Coast/Seaside No 8


My eigth card arrived yesterday in this lovely envelope.

 
Inside a beautiful machine embroidered card depicting sea and sand .....


.... with little shells and beads decorating it.  It's absolutely beautiful and the photos definitely don't do it justice especially as you cannot appreciate the lovely textures and the sparkles in the water from them.


The card was backed with fabric on which Gina had written.


Not only that beautiful card but another of Gina's creations was enclosed...


... giving details of how she had made the little work of art.  I am so pleased with my card and feel that I have stumbled into a group of seriously talented artists here!

6 comments:

Joanna said...

I WANT TO TOUCH THIS ONE! I can see all that texture, it looks wonderful. Fantastic colours, this is a seriously gorgeous card!

Chrissie said...

I just know this is a really tactile card! Love the colours.

Jill said...

This looks like a tiny rug - love the texture, I want to put my toes on it!

Menopausalmusing said...

Wishing I could reach right into my screen and stroke this one. I shall be using my machine this afternoon and will be tryin some thick threads in my bobbin as this is new to me. A beautifu card to have received from Gina!

Gina said...

So pleased you like it!

Jane Housham said...

Beautiful colours and texture. It would make a fantastic rug, scaled up!