Saturday, 11 June 2011

Yee Ha! Ride 'em Cowboy 6


It's dang beans in that billy can again, pardner!

Cathy's fun and colourful postcard arrived this morning,
wrapped in her own cowboy designed wrapping paper.
Inside is this poor cowboy, who has beans for supper
AGAIN.
Those beans sure look mighty real!



On the reverse is this youtube link


which is the song
'The Last Cowboy'.
The accompanying video is of some fantastic original images of cowboys.
Real cowboys.
Not much luxury in their lives.

But plenty of beans......

Thank you, Cathy.
I love your 'take' on my Ride 'em Cowboy theme.



10 comments:

Chrissie said...

trust her!!! isn't it great.

Jane Housham said...

Great card, great link -- Cathy's on form. Some wonderful images in the video.

bad penny said...

Brilliant !
We think of cowboys as so glamerous which is far from the truth... especially after a tin can full of beans !

marigold jam said...

Typically Cathy - always something clever and quirky - love it.

Gina said...

Brilliant! Cowboys and Beans...All I could think of was that scene from Blazing Saddles!

Jill said...

What fun, great stuff from Cathy, and yes like Gina, it was the Blazing Saddles came immediately to mind!

Menopausalmusing said...

It has to be said that I DID consider the scene from Blazing Saddles, but bottled out....

Is it just me finding that leaving comments is a problem again? I seem to be having to try twice......

Printed Material said...

I'd love to spend some time in Cathy's head. I think it would be surreal but I would love it in there. This is another gem but as mine gets closer I have begun to wonder what I might be in for....

Menopausalmusing said...

Be afraid, Lesley, be VERY afraid...............

Jee said...

This made me smile. I'm having problems leaving comments too, and I can't get back into the blog to make a correction either - just get a service error message.