Saturday, 25 June 2011

Water 7


A package came from Penny yesterday, but I was good and didn't open it until this morning.  Inside was the beautifully wrapped parcel above which contained this lovely sea green card -


 The card is made of hand painted silk which has had sea salt added to draw the inks into patterns.


There's a dear little fish charm and some lovely beading



and on the back the quote from the Ancient Mariner:

You've put such a lot of work into this, Penny, thank you.  I love it.

8 comments:

Jane Housham said...

Beautiful work!

bad penny said...

Funny, seeing Cathy's ' coast seaside' I had wanted to do a message in a bottle but couldn't find one small enough !

Glad you like it.

Menopausalmusing said...

This is lovely. I have always liked the effect that salt has on dye.......... and funnily enough, I considered the "Ancient Mariner" quote for this title too........ So very interesting watching all of this unfold every fortnight.

Joanna said...

This is so beautiful - the colours are gorgeous and the salt has made a really interesting effect. Love the beading!

bad penny said...

I must confess, I didn't realise the quote was from the Ancient Mariner ...it's just something my husband says. He IS a Mariner, but not ancient !

Gina said...

Very pretty and delicate.

Chrissie said...

clever technique and beautiful result

Jill said...

How lovely, beautiful delicate work.