Monday, 27 June 2011

New York! New York!

As ever, my post was delayed until today at lunchtime and we've been in the kitchen covered in emulsion paint all day, so this is my first chance to sneak away and show you the wonderful card that Joanna sent me.   Even the envelope was fantastic!

 Certainly rewards a close examination of all the details

The card itself was a masterful evocation of the origins of New York and had a very tactile finish.  

Joanna has kindly revealed the details of the origins of the city's name
so now you know the handsome fellow above is James, Duke of York.

I absolutely love everything about this card - the soft feel, simplicity of design, the faded 'Old Glory' in the background.  I'm a very lucky girl - thank you so much Joanna!

                                       Chrissie

8 comments:

Jill said...

This has certainly been worth the wait - a wonderful work of art.

Jane Housham said...

All the classic Jo elements, beautifully put together. Super.

Ann's Art said...

What a wonderful card, to see, but even more so to receive.

Jee said...

Great card, I love the finish Jo achieves.

Menopausalmusing said...

Absolutely lovely. So very "Jo".

Printed Material said...

Yes, it has Jo's trademark 'quality' stamped all over it. This is a direction that never even occurred to me. So clever.

bad penny said...

I love how Jo's cards hve her distinct style - mine are so random ! This is superb.

Gina said...

Another beautiful card and clever interpretation. Do you think the standard is just getting higher and higher.