Saturday, 25 June 2011

Coast/Seaside No 7


This beautiful package arrived from Cathy earlier in the week - have to admit I couldn't resist the temptation to see what was inside and not wait till this morning when I am dashing off out for the day in just a minute anyway and wanted to open it when I would have time to enjoy and appreciate its contents properly.


Inside the lovely blue tissue tied with a paper bow was this stunning card - isn't it beautiful?


Made from vintage linen the colour reminiscent of the beach and using some beautiful antique lace and a real starfish which Cathy tells me came from Brittany along with seaquins which conjure up sunslight on waves it is embroidered with blue thread and....


... attached was a fabulous little message in a bottle!  I hardly dared to open the bottle but I am glad I did as it contained one of Cathy's hallmark links to a lovely little video about a doll and a fish.

It's is - as you might expect from Cathy - a beautiful interpretation of my theme - Thank you Cathy!

8 comments:

Jee said...

This is such a pretty card - I love the lacy sand. Well done, Cathy. ( the verification word for this comment is 'clots' - can't be referring to us though!)

Jane Housham said...

I love it when it's postcard swap day. I really enjoy seeing all the cards gradually popping up on the site. This is a beauty.
I was curious to see the video so copied the link down from the photo. It's lovely. Here's the link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqex2AIeuaI

bad penny said...

truly delightful. Love it & am going to look at the link now.

Joanna said...

Oh my, this is so gorgeous. The colours are so very pretty, and the lace, oh that lace is beautiful.

The youtube link is very clever.

Gina said...

Such a stunning card... I'm swooning over the lace too.

Chrissie said...

so sweetly done, and love the message in the bottle!

Jill said...

What a treasure to find when beach combing.

Printed Material said...

One of Cathy's specials. So beautifully conceived and created. What a star that girl is.