Saturday, 28 May 2011

Window No. 5

I am so glad to be able to post this as not only has Blogger been playing up, but my BT line went down yesterday afternoon so no phone or broadband. I have to say that BT have been very efficient and have fixed the fault within 24 hours of it being reported.  Shame Blogger can't act as quickly.
This lovely envelope arrived from Gina this morning.  Can't quite place the painting used for the envleope but the tag is a Matisse.  It made me get out my book on the Fauves and remember the joy of their colourful work.

 The Card is machine stitched beautifully with a mug of tea and a slice of cake as well as a posy, with a lovely view of some chickens pecking in the grass.  I love Gina's use of the photograph with textiles, it takes you from your viewpoint, outside.  She has entitled it 'Room with a View'  (A favourite book too).
Let's hope we can all soon get our posting back to normal.

9 comments:

marigold jam said...

Brilliant idea! Love it.

Jane

Menopausal musing said...

Brilliant, both in interpretation and colour!

bad penny said...

love it love it love it ! I see hens from my kitchen window !

Gina said...

So pleased you like it! The painting on the envelope is a Pierre Bonnard... I seem to have a collection of images of views through windows!

Jane Housham said...

Ooh I love the stitching -- beautiful. And the hens too, of course, but the stitching's brilliant.

Joanna said...

Oh I love this! I really like the contrast between the line stitched window and colourful view. Really lovely card.

Jee said...

Such a great card, Gina. This is next for me so I must get my brain in gear - the two weeks rush by.

Printed Material said...

I love the way you say' I got out my book of the Fauves'... they were pretty special though, as is this lovely piece of Gina's handiwork. The machine embroiderer in you will have loved this - deservedly so. Lesley

Chrissie said...

Had to smile when I saw this - I tried this technique myself and threw my efforts in the bin!! Gina of course has produced a brilliant card, which I've no doubt you will treasure.