Wednesday, 18 May 2011

Jane E's 'Overhead' card

Look what was waiting for me when I got home from work this evening! Jane's card arrived, having been on a mysterious detour, perhaps up to the moon and back. It's very luminous and exciting -- the image of the moon and stars is printed on transparency and has a deep glow.
It was inspired by this powerful poem by Gerard Manley Hopkins and has a quote from it on the back.
It was definitely worth the wait -- but I'm just sorry you had the worry of thinking it was lost, Jane.
Thank you so much -- now we're all up to date here on Postman's Knock.

8 comments:

marigold jam said...

So glad it turned up eventually! It's lovely.

Menopausal musing said...

Oh PHEW! Thank goodness it arrived. (I was beginning to think we might have had our first "casualty"). I LOVE this, would love to see it in real life, since I think it may well REALLY sparkle. A great take on the theme of "overhead". The "fire-folk sitting in the air" line is just lovely.........

Jee said...

Think I'll post the next one in a different post box! So glad you like it, Jane

Joanna said...

The night sky transparency is a great idea, and that poem is very sweet. I'm so glad it arrived safely, eventually.

bad penny said...

Oh thank goodness ! must have been a full moon or something. Worth the wait

Printed Material said...

What a great interpretation of the theme.I am so glad it arrived at last for both your sakes. I've always fought shy of Manley Hopkins, thinking him a trifle deep for me but I do love some of the lines here and think I should give him a second chance. As it's me next for 'overhead' I hope the postie doesn't let me down too. I think I'll send a day early just to be sure!

Jill said...

What a fabulous card, I think it must have taken a mysterious detour. GMH certainly had a way with words.

Jill said...

Testing testing