Saturday, 14 May 2011

New York New York (4)

I know Lesley will hardly believe it, but though I've already had this wonderful card all wrapped up in its box for a fortnight, I was a very good girl and didn't open it!   Lesley gave it to me when we met at Stroud and I was on my honour not to peek, sniff, prod or otherwise interfere with it.
But wasn't it worth being patient?   Lesley's made a magnificient concertina card with lots of layers of vintage views of the Manhattan skyline - all through the lens of a camera.  
 I absolutely love the faded shades and the era they represent.
 Thank you so much Lesley - it's truly brilliant.
There were some other very lovely accompaniments, which I'll be putting on my own blog later - please come and see what this clever and generous girl has done.

Chrissie

8 comments:

Jane Housham said...

Oh my goodness, I LOVE this card! It's so beautifully done as well. If you've seen the comment I've just left about Jill's Rust card, you'll know that Lesley's card has an element in common with the New York card I've already done. Just saying now as I'm suddenly paranoid you'll think I've copied! But I'm going to hold my nerve and stick with my NYC card as I think it's different enough -- hopefully. But this one is just genius.

Jill said...

Fantastic work and brilliantly photographed as well.
I can only go downhill from here.

Jee said...

Love this card, Lesley - I'm a pop-up fan as you know. Gosh we're all uping the standard each time, aren't we.

bad penny said...

All I can say is that this has the 'WOW'factor !!!
Brilliant !

Joanna said...

You summed it up, Chrissie. "It's truly brilliant." Clever idea, beautifully executed.

Gina said...

Amazing!

Menopausal musing said...

Only Lesley could come up with something as brilliant as this! WOW! (How DID you manage to NOT open it???????? ) ;O))))))))))

Printed Material said...

Chrissie,I can't tell you how impressed I am that you did not open this package for two weeks. Those naughty girls Cathy and Gina should take a leaf out of your book! Glad you like the tunnel postcard and the other bits. It really was a huge pleasure to make them for you.