Saturday, 16 April 2011

Windows

Yes, this is postcard size, even though it looks as if I have taken this picture in a Victorian drawing room.  This stunning 3D piece arrived early this morning from Jane H. from not far away in Hitichin - and I  had to sign for it - how exciting.  Thank you Jane it is a wonderful creation.  I shall try and photograph it more extensively later for my blog, but not sure how I can capture the the little scene that can be viewed through the glass-like panes in the window.  It is beautifully done.
A treasure.

8 comments:

bad penny said...

Wow ! I'd love to see this up close to see all the detail. It must have been packaged so carefully as it looks dlicate.

Menopausal musing said...

A lovely interpretation of the title and great to see 3D being brought into play.....

Jee said...

I'm in awe of someone cutting out around the glazing bars of the window - it's fabulous. Well done, Jane.

Joanna said...

Oh my! Wonderful artwork, so cleverly done.

Gina said...

It's beautiful. I must say girls that the standard of this challenge is so high both in terms of ideas and interpretation as well as workmanship.

Printed Material said...

Jill,
Those curtains look like you could just reach out and tweak them. Another great idea beautifully executed.Great stuff Jane.

"POSTMAN'S KNOCK" said...

How clever - I thought it was real curtains!

Jane

Chrissie said...

Certainly worth a really close-up inspection - what a great interpretation.