Saturday, 2 April 2011

Windows

Our Saturday post often doesn't come until late afternoon, but today it came about 10.30.  Postie didn't quite know what had happened when I opened the door before he could try to pop my little parcel in the porch.  I carefully took off the brown paper to reveal this lovely package. I managed to muster enough will power to photograph it before opening it. Topping it was a sprig of fresh lavender tied with a little velvety rose
and inside was this little window, complete with lace curtains, a little bird hung above and a row of plants on the windowsill.

on the reverse was a vintage postcard posted from France to Spain, adding to the whole 'continental' feel - a complete mini holiday.

Thank you Penny, it's lovely.

8 comments:

marigold jam said...

Love the little triangular curtain - I had some of those when I lived in France where they are quite usual! Lovely creative card Jill - Isn't this fun?

Jee said...

That is so pretty - love the little bird

"POSTMAN'S KNOCK" said...

So glad you like it. I lived in Spain for several years so that was my inspiration. The lace is authentic a snippet from some linens I brought back.

Menopausal musing said...

A lovely postcard. Really interesting to see people's different interpretations of the titles we provided.

Joanna said...

Love how the window is made up with driftwood (?).

From the beautiful way this postcard was packaged to the delicate fabric and sweet sweet stamping, I would have put money on this being Penny's! Love that she's used an original postcard as her base.

x

bad penny said...

Thanks Jo. Yes it's driftwood but with woodworm holes ! ( don't worry Jill well dead woodworms ! ) Thanks for the sweet comment - I was a bit worried about the raised frames !

Printed Material said...

Every post I look at makes me happier and happier that we are doing this. The cards are all so different. Penny has done you proud Jill and it will be a tough one to follow! Lesley

Chrissie said...

Isn't it sweet and lovely. What fun everyone is having with their interpretations!