Saturday, 2 April 2011

Water


My lovely first card from Lesley arrived at lunchtime (- rather to my surprise as our post is notoriously slow).  She's very cleverly picked up on Malvern Water which is apt as I thought of my theme whilst I was at the stand pipe collecting some.  There are wells and standpipes all around the area where you can just take a bottle and collect your own - it's wondeful, freezing cold, straight from inside the hill, and tastes of absolutely nothing, just pure and clear.





Lesley's managed to find a map of the area and some great old adverts as well as aged and locally postmarked stamps - a real triumph of research.  Thank you, Lesley, I love it.

Jane

8 comments:

marigold jam said...

How clever - yet another brilliant interpretation.

Printed Material said...

Jane,
I'm so glad you are pleased with it. One down and 10 to go now! Lesley x

Jill said...

I cannot tear myself away from the computer as I have to keep checking if another card has been posted. This has definitely got the Lesley touch.

"POSTMAN'S KNOCK" said...

Totally lovely & thoughtful. When I lived in Spain we colected water from a spring too. I love the colour scheme Lesley used.

Menopausal musing said...

This just has Lesley's "stamp" on it. Thoroughly enjoying watching all of this unfold..... such fun. :O))))))))))

Joanna said...

Brilliant - love the background and the water 'warnings'!

Very clever card.

x

bad penny said...

Sorry. Have no idea why my comments are appearing as Postman's Knock. I had trouble commenting on sme posts & had to keep signing in

Chrissie said...

meticulous research as always and beautifully put together - nice one!