Sunday, 17 April 2011

Revealed and concealed II

After being out all day, imagine my delight to come home and find this intriguing parcel waiting for me

 The envelope alone was exciting


And inside, this parcel from Lesley, beautifully wrapped in pattern tissue with a card explaining about the tattooed lady.



And then... my postcard. A beautifully constructed "snakeskin" corset with a real zip. Just look at all those beads and sequins!

And when it is unzipped... the tattooed lady is revealed. I was delighted with this on so many levels. The construction is amazing and the ideas and concepts behind it have sent me in new directions of research - just fascinating.



And if this wasn't enough, a bonus postcard about the concealing and revealing aspects of corsetry.

With a flap revealing even more...


Thank you so much Lesley. I was bowled away by this. It's fabulous.

12 comments:

Sue Brown said...

Wow Lesley, you really enjoyed doing this one! And the tattooed lady...is this a rehearsal for a new look? So glad we don't have to wear corsets now, thank goodness for lycra! XX

Menopausal musing said...

BRILLIANT! No other word for this one.......... so very, very imaginative on every level. I love the idea of snakeskin and then the shedding of it. Also love the "showman" fonts...... Lesley, you have excelled yourself here.

Printed Material said...

Gina,
This was a joy from the start. I so enjoyed this topic and would love to see how you will develop the ideas we come up with. With the exception of the zip I had everything to hand and the 'snakeskin' is an old piece of painted brown paper coated in acrylic wax. I had not thought about the idea of 'shedding skin' at all. You're so insightful Cathy.... I'm beginning to regret casting aspertions about you in a previous comment.... it was a joke... honest ! L x

Menopausal musing said...

I have something "tasteful" lined up for you, Lesley.......... wait till it's your turn....... you just WAIT! Mwah, ha, ha, ha.............

"POSTMAN'S KNOCK" said...

Wow! The bar goes higher every week!

Jane

bad penny said...

This certianly has the wow factor ! So detailed -love it !
My daughter has recently had a tattoo and has not yet " revealed " it to my husband ! Luckily it's not as obvious as that Tattooed Lady !

Joanna said...

This is simply amazing - the treats with it go on and on!

Brilliant artwork.

Jill said...

What a fabulous piece - so much thought and work! That beaded zip is a work of art in itself. Wow Lesley! What a treasure for you to keep Gina.

Jee said...

Gosh Lesley, what a lot of work - and a great result. One can really let the imagination rip on this topic. You must be thrilled, Gina

Jane Housham said...

Wow, I'm blown away by this! So much work, so much engagement with the topic. Splendid!

Chrissie said...

Isn't this just the most fantastic card! That Lesley, she comes up trumps every time, so much inspiration and endeavour on show. Great.

Ticking stripes said...

Lesley - this is amazing. I'm in awe of what you are all doing here witht this swap...