Saturday, 16 April 2011

Overhead No. 2

Here's the very sophisticated and subtle card I've received from Cathy. In the note she sent me, she said she thought it would be a 'so and so' to photograph and I think she's right. I've done my best to show the lovely stitched pattern which is inspired by cracked glazing on found fragments of china (which I also love). I've had to turn the contrast up a bit so that the details show. The two birdies 'overhead' are from the Willow pattern, and the YouTube link takes you to a sweet animation of the Willow pattern story. I do think you're clever to add that extra dimension of an internet link.
     I love the card and I really appreciate all the thought and delicate work that's gone into it. Thanks so much,

Jane (H) x

9 comments:

Joanna said...

WOW, what a clever interpretation of your theme. Love the cracked glazing effect and the stunning simplicity of the blue and white.

Jill said...

So "Cathy". So clever. It is so interesting seeing people's creative styles emerge in their postcards.

bad penny said...

How delightful. Your theme has certianly got people thinking !

Gina said...

A beautiful interpretation of your theme... my turn next!

Menopausal musing said...

Glad you liked it. Told you it would be a hard one to photograph ;O) I just loved the animation for the Willow Pattern when I saw it..... such lovely, lovely work from children.........

Jee said...

Such a pretty card - so many possibilities in these themes aren't there.

Printed Material said...

Excuse me Jane but you used the words sophisticated and subtle to describe Cathy, and in the same sentence.... are you sure we know the same person?.... actually, it must be her because only she could come up with such a wonderful idea. Let's not forget this was her Plan B after the pylons prototype phailure (sorry, alliteration needed) I am still struggling to think of one for 'overhead', let alone two.... Lesley x

"POSTMAN'S KNOCK" said...

Love it. And the idea of the link to the video. I am struggling to come up with any ideas for this one but luckily I have plenty of time before it's my turn!

Jane

Chrissie said...

Divine! Such delicate simplicity and so fitting for the theme. What a lovely card for your collection.