Monday, 18 April 2011

Collection card from Penny

 Here is my lovely card on the subject of collections.
The larger text reads "Millicent liked nothing better than an afternoon sorting her button collcetion"
That sounds like a very good plan to me!
The smaller text is an entry from a dictionary on the definition of collecting.
She also included this great page from a book which lists collective nouns.
 Plenty of ideas coming from that.

Penny has reused an old postcard so the back was written by someone else. Its hard to read the date but the stamp is Edward VII. the text reads
"Lord H thinks he left waders at West Hill, if so would you kindly send the thinest ones and the pair of canvas shoes here to 5 basket doesn't matter. Hope your Mums cold.......
( it then becomes very hard to read. )
thanks Penny.

9 comments:

bad penny said...

So glad you liked the card - I had fun making it. I thought the note on the postcard was a giggle about forgotten waders and it was fun choosing a name for Millicent !

Chrissie said...

Nothing Chrissie likes better, either! What a sweet card and I love the 'Jeeves and Wooster' kind of message on the back.

marigold jam said...

Looks great - I love the collection of little buttons and the message about the waders too!

Jee said...

Lovely card - such an intriguing messsage too, do waders come in different thicknesses?

Jill said...

Glad Penny didn't try to reproduce Lord H's collection of waders - buttons are so much prettier, like Millicent herself.
Another brilliant idea.

Menopausal musing said...

A lovely collection of buttons and ephemera, beautifully put together. I particularly like the list of collective nouns.

Joanna said...

Beautiful postcard with those sweet buttons and soft vintage colours. Great image of the lady with her enviable waistline! I love the writing on the back about the waders too.

Great artwork!

Gina said...

What a beautiful interpretation of the theme.

Printed Material said...

I am struck by how different Penny's card was to Jill's last time. Two wonderful, yet completely different approaches to the same topic. This is what is proving to be so interesting. Anything with buttons on gets my vote and I think Millicent sounds like my sort of girl! Lesley