Saturday, 2 April 2011

Coast/seaside card from Jo


My first card arrived today.  Jo has used scraps of different papers to make the background including a map and a piece of old music aptly entitled "For those at Sea"!


She has created waves from torn strips of old text (books or maybe newspapers?) - one is French so particularly appropriate for me - and the other in English along with what looks like Log Tables (anyone else remember those?!) and even a piece from a shorthand text (it looks like shorthand but is too difficult to actually read.)

The whole thing is mounted on a rather attractive old postcard - don't you love the twiddly bits and the fancy lettering where it says Post Card?  A stamp showing puffins on the coast from the Isle of Man adds to the seaside theme.  How did you produce the finish I wonder is it PVA glue painted over it all perhaps?

It's really lovely Jo - I shall certainly treasure it.

Jane (Marigold Jam)

9 comments:

Jee said...

Love the aged effect - and especially the puffins.

Jill said...

So much work and such a beautiful result - the bar has been set high!

"POSTMAN'S KNOCK" said...

Jo's work is lovely. This is a wonderful postcard to receive.

Menopausal musing said...

I couldn't agree more with Jill, the bar has indeed been set high!A lovely piece of work, I LOVE the way waves have been represented.

Joanna said...

Glad you like it Jane. I noticed one of the ladies has lost a leg in transit:0( Maybe there are sharks in those calm looking waters!

To seal the card I used a couple of coats of matt Mod Podge - maybe next time I'll put on a couple more coats to ensure limb retention!

x

bad penny said...

Oh ! my comment came up as Postman's Knock ! How did I manage that ? !

Printed Material said...

What a wonderful card Jane. So inventive and apt. Those figures paddling in the sea just sum up the 'seaside' for me. Lesley

Gina said...

I'm in awe of all these wonderful interpretations of the themes and so thrilled to be taking part in this.

Chrissie said...

Saucy ... what fun!